providing services or delivering goods via the www.disibox.com website
Article I – Basic provisions
- These General Terms and Conditions govern the rights and obligations of the parties arising from the Works Agreement (hereinafter referred to as the “Contract”) concluded between the Contractor and the Customer at a distance through of the website www.disibox.com (the “online shop”).
- The contractor is Westray s.r.o., based in Krásnohorská 2, Bratislava 851 07, ID 47986263, VAT No 2024167860, registered in the Commercial Register of the District Court Bratislava V, insert number 101649 / B (hereinafter referred to as ” “Provider”) that offers services and goods through an online store.
- The Customer is a natural or legal person who has sent the Purchase Order to the Supplier online shop, by e-mail, fax, telephone or post (hereinafter referred to as the “Customer”).
Article II – Order
- The customer orders the services or goods offered by the Supplier in the online shop based on the order, which must contain the following particulars (hereinafter referred to as “order”): a) identification of the ordering party, his business name or first name, surname, place of residence, ID, VAT ID, VAT ID, contact (telephone and e-mail address); (b) the precise designation of the service or goods offered in the online shop, or a description of the service or, goods to be delivered by the Supplier to the Customer; (c) the scope of the ordered services or goods; (d) the method of delivery services or goods; (e) the address of the place of delivery of the goods or services (if not indicated, it shall be that services and goods are to be delivered to the address of the principal’s domicile / residence); (f) delivery time of services or goods; (g) identification of the person entitled to take over the services or goods supplied; h) payment method.
- An order that the Contractor takes over is deemed to have been delivered to the contract. No later than twenty-four (24) hours (on business days) from the date of receipt of the order, the Contractor shall contact ordering the order and the possibility of making the order and, if necessary, asking the customer to remove shortcomings of the order, refine it or add it.
- The contract is closed when the order is received, of an amended order by the Supplier, with the Supplier he / she will acknowledge receipt of the order by phone or e-mail.
- The Supplier is not responsible for the quality of the supplied photos, images, photos, or photos suitability for use. The ordering party is notified by the editor of any inappropriateness of these documents after uploading and editing a photo when creating an order.
- The Advertiser, by sending photographs or other images, declares that, in accordance with the Copyright Act no. 618/2003 Zz) is authorized to handle these documents.
- The Supplier reserves the right not to accept an order or a part thereof in the following cases: a) if the customer is on the Supplier’s call will not remove the shortcomings of the order, it fails to complete or complete it; (b) if the documents are supplied the customers on whom the services or goods are to be delivered do not correspond to the minimum technical requirements the requirements specified by the Supplier for its manufacture, or include photographs or other image designs of which disclosure is contrary to the laws in force in the territory of the Slovak Republic; (c) if it is not temporary for operational or technical reasons, it is possible to deliver services and deliver goods in the online store.
- The Customer has the right to cancel – Cancel (by phone or e-mail) the order without giving any reason until its acceptance by the Supplier.
Article III – Delivery Times
- The delivery times are different for delivery of different types of services or goods offered, depending on the difficulty of their execution or execution.
- However, normal delivery times usually do not exceed 21 calendar days. If a specific DiSi box is in stock, shipping the time is reduced to a few days, or the box is available immediately.
- A binding delivery date for goods or services will be notified to the customer upon receipt of the order. In exceptional cases (eg when specifying specific requirements), the delivery time may be longer, without unnecessary deferment to the ordering party by phone or e-mail.
Article IV – Price, Payment Terms and Transportation
- The price of services and goods is set according to the Supplier’s price published on the website of the online store. The price for delivery of the service or goods according to the individual requirements of the customer will be determined based on the calculation in depending on the method of manufacture, the material used or the difficulty of the design or installation. The price is always with VAT, unless otherwise stated.
- The Supplier reserves the right to change the published price of services or goods following a change in price by subcontractors, manufacturers, importers, and so on. The current price of the service or the goods shall be announced by the Supplier to the Customer always upon receipt of the order. The customer is entitled to cancel the order if the price is changed disagrees.
- The customer pays a payment for services or goods via TatraPay (the internet gateway banking), CardPay (payment via Tatra Banka virtual POS terminal, payment by VISA, VISA Electron, MasterCard, Maestro. You may use these cards issued by any banking institution.), PayPal, bank transfer, or deposit on the Contractor’s account, which will be notified to the Customer upon receipt orders, or on the basis of the Supplier’s issued invoice.
- The customer may choose to deliver the goods by: a) personal collection, b) courier (forwarding service) – the price is set according to the valid price list of the selected courier company.
- The amount of the costs associated with the delivery of the services or goods will be communicated to the customer upon receipt of the order.
Article V – Takeover
- The customer undertakes to download the goods at the agreed time at the address given in the order.
- When ordering the goods, the Customer is required to check the physical integrity and completeness of the delivered goods. If the delivered goods are visibly damaged or destroyed, the customer is obliged not to deliver the goods and without delay contact the Contractor and write a record of damage to the shipping company.
- The customer acquires ownership of the goods until the full price and other cash payments agreed upon with the Supplier. Upon the transfer of the ownership rights from the Supplier to the customer who already holds the goods, he has the customer orders all the duties of the property keeper and is obliged to keep the goods at his own expense safely and safely designate it so that it is always identifiable as the Goods of the Supplier.
- Danger of damage to goods goes to the customer at the time of picking up the goods or when they do not do so at the agreed time, and at the time the Contractor allows the Goods to be handled by him, but the Customer will not accept the goods.
Article VI – Withdrawal
- The Customer is entitled without notice to withdraw from the contract within 14 (four) business days from the taking over of the goods or the conclusion of the service contract. Withdrawal from the contract must be done in writing, must contain all the information used to identify the goods, the parties and must be in the aforementioned time-limit delivered together with the goods to the Supplier’s place of business at the expense and responsibility of the Purchaser. The cost of returning the goods is borne by the customer. Goods must not be damaged, used, they must be in their original packaging and, together with the goods, the Purchaser must hand over all documents relating to the item in question received by him buy it. The Customer agrees and takes note that in this case, the written form is understood to be withdrawal from the contract signed by the Customer. Goods sent to the Supplier in the form of a delivery note are not Supplier is required to accept.
- Subject to the above obligations, the Contractor shall take the goods back and within thirty (30) days from withdrawal of the contract shall reimburse the price paid for the goods or part thereof to the ordering party. Withdrawal from the contract is the following cancels from the beginning.
- The customer can not withdraw from the contract, the subject of which is the sale of goods made according to individual the requirements of the ordering party or designated specifically for one customer, or the merchandise with respect to its properties can not be returned.
- The Contractor is entitled to withdraw from the contract if: a) the goods have ceased to be manufactured, b) the importer has changed the price of the goods, c) the price of the goods notified to the customer was manifestly incorrect.
Article VII – Complaints, Warranty
- For the delivered goods, the warrantee is provided to the customer for twenty-four (24) months. The warranty period begins on the date of delivery of the goods to the customer. Any goods purchased with the Supplier will be delivered upon delivery the customer is accompanied by a proof of payment, which also serves as a warranty card.
- In the case of a claim, the Customer is obliged to notify the Supplier in writing that the goods have defects and indicate how the way the flaws are displayed.
- When claiming a claim, the Customer is obliged to deliver the goods claimed to the Supplier at his own expense clean, mechanically undamaged, in original packaging, including warranty card, payment receipt.
- Warranty warranty expires if the defect has been mechanically damaged, by operating the goods in inappropriate conditions, improper installation, failure to comply with the relevant standards by the customer or person, which the customer has done the assembly. The warranty also excludes errors caused by natural disasters and mistakes treatment.
- The consumer has the right to contact the seller for a remedy if he is not satisfied with the way the seller has recalled his claim or if he believes the seller has breached his rights. If sellers on the consumer’s request is rejected or rejected within 30 days of the date of dispatch, the consumer he / she has the right to make a proposal for an alternative dispute resolution (ARS). ARS can only be solved disputes arising out of a contract between seller and consumer and disputes with this agreement, except of disputes pursuant to § 1 par. 4 of Act no. 391/2015 Z.z. and disputes whose value does not exceed EUR 20. The proposal for ARS is initiated to an ARS subject to § 3 of the cited law, with the help of the designated platform or the form the specimen of which forms Annex no. 1 of the cited law. The ARS may require the consumer payment of the ARS fee, up to a maximum of EUR 5 with VAT. If multiple entities are responsible for the ARS, the consumer has the right to choose from. In addition to the ARS, the consumer has the right to turn things around and local general or arbitration tribunal. The ARS platform is available on the website: ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/index_en.htm
VIII. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA, ARCHIVING THE BUILDING CONTRACT
- The Customer, by signing a purchase contract, agrees to include all filled in personal and other data in order, as well as other data obtained in the course of trade (“personal data”) into the database of the Contractor’s Company and its processing.
- Personal data will be processed for the Merchant’s business and marketing needs, including through electronic means (such as e-mail).
- Consent is given in the withdrawal of consent. The person concerned notes that he has the rights under Act no. 122/2013 Z. z., On the protection of personal data and on the amendment of certain laws, j. in particular, the provision personal data is voluntary and has the right to access personal data. Each person concerned has rights in particular under Section 28 of the Personal Data Protection Act, i. inter alia, at the written request of the operator require the repair or disposal of your incorrect, incomplete or outdated personal data, disposal her personal data whose purpose of processing has ended, the blocking of her personal data by reason of appeal approval before its expiry. The person concerned is also entitled, upon written request with the operator / supplier / object to the use of the personal data mentioned in § 10 par. Article 3 d) of the the protection of personal data for the purpose of direct marketing in postal communications or the provision of personal data referred to in Section 10 Article 3 d) of the Act on the Protection of Personal Data for Direct Marketing. The person concerned when suspecting that its personal data is being processed improperly, it may file a proposal to the Office for Personal Data Protection to initiate the procedure for the protection of personal data.
- The provider that manages web pages www.disibox.com (hereafter referred to as the “Site”), wants to describe as much as possible the management of these sites in terms of processing of users ‘and visitors’ personal data. We provide this information to users services of this site even within the meaning of national laws applicable to personal data processing data. This information does not apply to other websites that users can visit through external links for which the company has no responsibility.
- The following information is also based on Recommendation # 2/2001 adopted by the European Group on 17 May 2001 the data protection guarantors established pursuant to Art. 29 smernice č. 95/46 / EC concerning the collection of personal data data on the Internet in order to identify minimum requirements for the collection of personal data and to ensuring the credibility and legality of this activity (within the meaning of Articles 6, 7, 10 and 11 of Directive 95/46 / EC).
RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECTS
- Persons affected by personal data have the right at any time to obtain confirmation that such data exists or not to learn their content and origin, to check their accuracy or to request their updating, updating or repair. In addition, they have the right to request their deletion, change to anonymous form, or blocking if they are data processed in violation of the law, and in any case have the right to refuse to process them legitimate reasons.
- Applications must be sent to the Supplier by e-mail to: email@example.com or mail to the address above
PLACE AND PURPOSE OF DATA PROCESSING
- Processing of data in connection with the Internet services offered on these sites is done at the registered office Of the Supplier, and are provided exclusively by the employees. No data from Internet services may be provided by others or extended. Personal data provided by the resellers requesting the delivery of the goods or services will be used only for the purpose of delivering the goods or performing the service or the required performance, and shall not be granted to third parties, except where required by law or where necessary to perform required services.
- The purpose of personal data processing is to provide high-quality business services and ensure proper delivery of the required DiSi box to the customer and provision of the necessary / required information and details of the specific offer or response to questions from the customer. The purpose of the processing of personal data is also subsequent marketing activity that is implemented by means of direct marketing.
- your first and last name
- Delivery Address
- email address
- phone number
DATA PROCESSING METHODS
- Personal data is processed in paper form and / or electronic form for the period of time required for achieve the objectives for which they were collected. To prevent data loss, illegal or incorrect use and unauthorized access, special precautions are taken.
Article IX. COOKIES
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text strings, which register the locations of the user, his terminal (usually the browser). They are then stored and transferred back to the same places at the next visit by the same user. To this end, the cookies are divided here as technical cookies and profiling cookies, depending on type of use, and in individual cookies or third-party cookies, depending on user usage.
Our website uses different types of cookies and similar technologies, each with a specific function.
It is a technical cookie with a memory function of the actions carried out by the user within a web page. This will be deleted when leaving the webpage. Should there be an e-commerce website, this cookie is also used to store the products in the shopping basket.
Third party cookies
Third party cookies are cookies that are placed on the website but are not read by the site operator but by the respective providers. These can be functional as well as mandatory or analysis cookies whose information the respective providers may use for their own purposes. The website operator thus has limited control over such cookies as well as their storage and use.
Google Maps (by third parties)
This website uses Google Maps to display a site plan. Google Maps is run by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. By using this website, you agree with the acquisition, processing and use of the automatically gathered data by Google, one of his agents or third-party providers. More information about the data processing by Google can be found in Google’s privacy notice.
Facebook Fanpage, Facebook Insights and Retargeting about the Pixel
Within our website we use a pixel from Facebook Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Scare, Dublin 2 Ireland and a facebook fan page of Facebook Inc. The contact details of Facebook including the imprint can be found at the following link at the bottom of the page: https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms?ref=pf, Facebook Ireland Limited is part of the Facebook Inc. group of companies USA; Here, the Facebook Ltd. acts. as the seated in the EU users and fan page operators as the responsible operating company and the Facebook Inc. USA as their subcontractors processor. the notes from Facebook to https://www.facebook.com/about/privacyshield.
The Pixel is a program code that enables Facebook to measure visitor user activity beyond our website and analyze it for our promotional activities. In the form used by DISIBOX, the Pixel collects a “PageView” event when visiting all pages on disibox.com, ie a page view of the user in connection with his user ID collected via the cookie. When submitting a test drive, brochure or offer request, the same pixel also sends an event “Lead”, i. the information about the user is recorded whether he has sent a test drive, brochure or offer inquiry on disibox.com and whether he has previously seen a display of DISIBOX on Facebook; If the user has a user account on Facebook and is logged in or logged in later, Facebook can assign the user to a specific user account including registered name and e-mail address. For details on Facebook’s data processing, please refer to the Facebook Data Policy at https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.
However, the Facebook evaluations are only displayed to the fanpage operator as so-called Facebook insights in an anonymized aggregated form. According to Facebook, only user clicks are processed on ads that users clicked on a DISIBOX Facebook ad within 30 days (= attribution after click) or saw a Facebook ad (= attribution after impression). The use of this cookie is based on a balance of interests; it serves our legitimate interest to display advertisements specifically to users who have visited disibox.com or have shown interest in box through disibox.com. The legal basis is Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR.
We assume that Facebook now has an adequate level of data protection i.S. of Art. 45 GDPR, as Facebook Inc. USA is included in the list of companies certified under the US Privacy Shield and has itself submitted to the corresponding obligations of the EU Commission regarding the minimum standards under this agreement with the USA. For more information, please visit Facebook at https://facebook.com/about/privacyshield. Furthermore, the list entry is available with further information at https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id-a2zt0000000GnywAAC&status=Active.
We do not collect any other personal data of the user via the Facebook Fanpage, as long as he does not interact with us on the fanpage. Only the Facebook Insights function collects statistical data about visitors to our Facebook, but Facebook can itself assign the user activities to the respective users when they use Facebook
We receive anonymous statistics from Instagram about using our Instagram page.
The following anonymous information is sent to us:
To our profile: profile views, impressions (= total number of views of all our posts), reach (= number of individual accounts that viewed one of our posts)
To our subscribers: Number of subscribers, age and gender, most popular locations, Instagram usage by day and time.
About individual posts: Like-clicks, comments, saved, impressions (= number of views), reach (number of individual accounts that viewed the post), interactions (= sum of likes and clicks).
To the stories: Impressions (= number of views), range (= number of individual accounts that have viewed the story), “Next” typed, “Back” typed, Story Leave, Answers.
We use this information to improve the content on our Instagram page and to adapt it to the interests of our users. We can also use the information to serve interest-based ads. We can not link the information with the profiles of our visitors. We can only access public profile information.
As an Instagram user, you can influence how your user behavior can be tracked when you visit our Instagram page under the Promotional preferences settings. What information is publicly shared on Instagram can be set through your Instagram settings.
If you interact as a user on our Instagram page of DISIBOX, that is, click on a button like “follow” or “follow” or “like” or “like” and leave a comment, your reported activities will become your Instagram username and user profile photo publicly visible on our Instagram page for us and other Instagram users. If you leave a comment, you’ll receive a message via Instagram if your message is answered or commented on.
We receive personal information via Instagram when you contact us and actively submit data. Contact can be through a personal Instagram message or response to a story or post. We will use the information you provide to process your request.
The legal basis for the storage and processing of personal data is Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest lies in the interest in direct advertising via ads on the Instagram page as well as the opportunity to interact directly with prospects and customers, to learn more about wishes, opinions and any criticism and constantly based on the feedback our products and services improve.
Your data will be stored for as long as needed for the purposes described. We reserve the right, based on our house right, to report or remove comments from Instagram that are unlawful, abusive, harmful to reputation or otherwise grossly abusive, violate our rights or third party rights or violate common decency.
For more information about Instagram’s data processing, please visit:
How can cookies be disabled, deleted or blocked?
Cookies can always be disabled, deleted and blocked through your browser. However, please be aware that in the case of deactivation, the full use of the website can no longer be guaranteed.
1) Open the Mozilla Firefox browser
2) Press on the so-called burger menu (hamburger icon with three parallel horizontal lines) top right
3) Select “Options”
4) Select the tab “Privacy”
5) Select “Firefox will:” to use custom settings for history
6) Uncheck “Accept cookies”
7) Save your settings
1) Open Internet Explorer
2) Click “Tools” and then “Internet Options” top right of your user interface
3) Click on “Privacy” tab on top
4) Adapt your desired settings with the controller – all cookies are blocked on top
5) Save your settings
1) Open Google Chrome
2) Press on the so-called burger menu (hamburger icon with three parallel horizontal lines) top right
3) Choose “Settings”
4) Click “Show Advanced Settings”
5) Click the “Privacy” tab and open the “Content Settings”
6) In the section “Cookies” you can choose the option “Block sites from setting any data”
7) Save your settings
1) Open Safari
2) Press the gray gear in the corner top right and click “Preferences”
3) Click the “Privacy” tab
4) Set your preferences to “Always” next to “Block cookies”
For the fair and transparent processing of personal data, you have the following rights as the person concerned:
Right of access
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not personal data that concerns you is processed, and, if so, to request access to such personal data including, without limitation, the categories of personal data concerned, the purposes of the processing and the recipients or categories of recipients. However, we do have to take into account the rights and freedoms of others, so this is not an absolute right. If you request more than one copy of the personal data undergoing processing, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
Right to rectification
You have the right to request from us the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you also have the right to request that incomplete personal data be completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’)
You have the right to request from us the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain circumstances as defined under applicable law. When your request falls within one of those circumstances, we will erase your personal data without undue delay. If, for technical and organizational reasons, we were not able to erase your personal data, we will ensure that it is fully and irreversibly anonymized so that we will not longer be holding such personal data about you.
Right to restriction of processing
In certain circumstances as defined under applicable law, you have the right to request the restriction of processing of your personal data. In such case, your personal data shall, with the exception of storage, only be processed with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest.
Right to data portability
In certain circumstances as defined under applicable law, you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may have the right to transmit that data to another controller or to have such personal data transmitted directly from us to another controller, where technically feasible.
Right to object
In certain circumstances as defined under applicable law, you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your personal data by us and we can be required to no longer process your personal data unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. This notably applies in case of processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests or for statistical purposes.
Right to object to direct marketing
Where your personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to processing for such direct marketing (including profiling related to such direct marketing).
Right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing
Subject to certain restrictions, you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processed, including profiling, which produces legal effects on you similarly significantly affects you.
Right to withdraw consent
You may contact your email address: firstname.lastname@example.org for processing your personal data and / or for exercising your rights. For the purpose of verification of your identity, please provide your name, surname, home address. We will notify you of the way we handle your request within 30 days of receiving it.
For more information on how to process your personal information, visit www.disibox.com under the Privacy section.
Article X. SUPPLIER’S CONTACT DETAILS
Address: Krásnohorská 2, Bratislava 851 07
contact phone: 0950 444 116
Article XI – Final Provisions
- The Purchaser shall, by sending an order, declare to the Contractor that, pursuant to Section 7 1 of the Personal Protection Act data no. 428/2002 Zz agrees that the Supplier shall process and store his / her personal data, in particular those which are mentioned above and / or necessary for the performance of the Contractor and process them in all its information systems. The Contractor undertakes to handle and handle the Customer’s personal data in accordance with applicable laws of the Slovak Republic. The Customer grants this Authorization to the Supplier for a period of time some to fulfill the purpose of processing the customer’s personal data. Supplier after fulfilling the purpose of the processing ensure immediate liquidation of the customer’s personal data. Agreeing with the processing of personal data may Customer appeal at any time in writing. The Supplier undertakes not to disclose without prior explicit consent approval order the third party to his or her personal data, except in the event that he or she would have been the law or Decision the competent state authority or the court is required to make such data available.
- Legal relationships arising from the contract and not further specified by these General Business Terms are governed by in particular the Commercial Code (Act No. 513/1991 Coll.), the Civil Code (Act No. 40/1964 Coll.) and the Law on consumer protection in the case of sales and mail sales (Act No. 108/2000 Coll.).
- These General Terms and Conditions are an integral part of any contract concluded under them.
- The Customer declares that prior to sending the Purchase Order the Supplier has become familiar with these General business the Supplier’s terms of reference and expresses their consent. These Terms and Conditions will enter into force day 2 October 2014.
- All possible litigation and other disputes will be settled under Slovak law Republic.